2023 Membership Renewal of ICAI Singapore chapter
Greetings from ICAI Singapore chapter. Year 2022 gave us hope and belief that humanity is equipped to overcome challenges as we learnt to live with Covid as an endemic. ICAI SG chapter started hosting physical events with the AGM in April 2022, post easing of Covid protocols. Many blockbuster events were hosted for members, which were received with unmatched enthusiasm and support. This was done with a lot of planning & dedicated efforts from the MC, sub-committee & volunteers to whom we are thankful.
The Chapter also organised “ICAI Singapore International conference Series” held in Q4, 2022 showcasing Key speakers from India & Singapore:
- Future of India - the Winning leap on Saurabh Mukherjea – Dec 6,2022
- Singapore Delegation at WCOA 2022, Nov 18-21 at Mumbai.
- Joint Event with CPA Australia – Oct 12, Digital Innovation & Fintech landscape
- Guest of Honour – Central Council Member – Dr.CA Rajkumar Adukia, Key speakers Mr.Gandharv Jain & Mr.Amrish Garg on Start up valuation – Oct 4 visiting Singapore in last quarter of this year as part of the ICAI SG International conference series Q4,22
A quick refresher of the exciting Professional events, Key meetings, Knowledge & Social events is shared below :
- Governance, Leadership Lessons by ex CAG & Author IAS Mr. Vinod Rai held on 20 May, 2022.
- Meeting between IFS CA Mr. Mahavir Singhvi, Jt Sec MEA, Govt of India & IRS Mr. Sachin Jain, Dep DG Narcotics Control Board and ICAI SG Management Committee held on 17 May 2022
- Forensics in the Financial world – CA Chetan Dalal, Adv Shreyas Jaisimha held on 7 July 2022
- Marquee event : Accounting Landscape & Future ready professional” with ICAI President Dr. CA Debashis Mitra, Vice President CA Aniket Talati & Past President CA Atul Gupta held on 23 July 2022 at Hotel Jen Tanglin by Shangri-la
- ESG, TCFD Reporting & Carbon Net Zero and Role of Finance : KPMG Partner Ms.Cherine Fok & wisdom activator Mr. Rahul Singh held on 6 September 2022
- ICAI SG Chapter office bearers : Chairman, VC, Secretary & Treasurer meeting with Indian High Commissioner Mr. P Kumaran held on 4 October 2022
- Valuation of Start-Ups and Case Study held on 4 October 2022, Finvox Founders CA Mr. Gandharv Jain & CA Mr.Amrish Garg, esteemed Central Council member CA Dr. Rajkumar Adukia
- Digital innovation & Fintech, joint event with CPA Australia held on 12 Oct 2022 with Mr. Luke Soon, Partner PWC and Mr.Navin Suri, Elevandi (MAS)
- Deepavali Gala Dinner on 5 November 2022 at Hotel Jen Tanglin by Shangri-la
- ICAI Singapore delegation at the World Congress of Accountants, Mumbai, Nov 18-21, 2022.
- Future of India - the Winning Leap by Saurabh Mukherjea, Marcellus held on 6 Dec 2022
International Taxation webinar (India & Singapore DTAA, Tax laws) CITAX & ICAI SG held on Dec 13, 2022. Key Speakers : CA Rohan Solapurkar, CA Hiteh Gajaria, CA Uday Ved (ICAI Singapore : International conference series – Q4, 2022)
Apart from these a variety of Knowledge series, Health and Wellness, Treks:
- Disruptive Technology and Blockchain held on 17 June 2022
- Navigating the Post pandemic investment landscape held on 18 Aug 2022
- Health and Wellness program held on 31 July 2022
- Bowling Night held on 20 Aug 2022
- Treks and nature walks
The chapter has been assiduously built over past 10 plus years with dedicated efforts of past Chairpersons, MC members and Volunteers. The current team has taken on the baton with dedication & focus. The year 2022 has been a landmark year for ICAI SG, with an array of top Events and activities fuelled by the energy & enthusiasm of our Members & volunteers. We have also witnessed strong momentum on new Member sign ups & existing members. It's time for the chapter to look ahead to New year 2023 and capitalise on all the tail winds !
It’s our pleasure to invite you to renew your Membership for 2023 (using Paynow or Online Bank transfer) @SGD 125 to continue supporting the Chapter reach greater heights and enjoy all the activities being planned for the Members.
Please add your "Name, 2023 Fees" as narration. Happy New year 2023 !
CA Ramky Subramanian
Chairman, ICAI Singapore Chapter